Spain Forum
Forums Index / Children in Spain Username Password Signup Now!
Forgotten?
Topic: Education Record
User: Abi Jones (view profile)16 May 2009 - 23:30
Hi

I've been informed that we need the above for our children to start at a spanish school.  

I've also been told that we need it translated into Spanish and validated by a Notary.

2 questions:

a.  Is a school record really required, ie. if we turn up at the town hall with our children without a school record surely they will not turn our children away.

b.  If a record is required does it really need to be translated and validated?

Thanks for reading and if you have any other advice on the topic above or related experiences we are very interested to hear from you.

ps.  the children are 6 and 7.

User: granaina (view profile)20 May 2009 - 09:51
It's possible a school record is technically required though I have never heard of schools asking for one. It could be something that's different in different areas.

However, you definitely do not need one for your 6 year old, as compulsory schooling only starts at 6 in Spain. I'd be very surprised if any school turned a 7 yr old away for it too(if it is indeed required)

I suggest you ask at the school you want to apply to (since the schools control the admissions - the town hall will just tell you which one to go to). *if* an education record is required, then you may also need a "sworn translation" (traduccion jurudica). but that will be all - you will not need to get it signed by a notary. most translation agencies offer sworn translations and they're not terribly expensive.

There are currently 51 visitors using this site.     FS Forums v1.00 © 2004 Future Shock Ltd.

Note: You must be logged in to post replies and create topics.