Spain Forum
Forums Index / Children in Spain Username Password Signup Now!
Forgotten?
Topic: School Enrollment
User: Abi Jones (view profile)8 Feb 2009 - 17:31
Hi

We are planning to move to Spain this summer .

We have read that enrollment is required before summertime.

As yet, we dont even know where we are going. It will be somewhere in Andalucia or Mercia but it depends on the job - which we wont know till July.

So how can we enroll?

The kids are 6 & 7 and we are intending a spanish school.

Any ideas? And thank you for reading.

User: admin (view profile)16 Feb 2009 - 13:39
Hi Abi

Enrollment is only required in April to guarantee a place at your local school. If you enroll later, you will still be given a place at a school in your nearest town, but it may not be the nearest school.

In small towns this really isn't a problem, but in the cities it can be bad (as in the uk, its schools in the cities which have the biggest problems). You'll just have to wait by the sounds of it though.

User: Abi Jones (view profile)25 Mar 2009 - 17:42
Thank you so much for the info.
So, assuming we arrive sometime in July, should we contact local schools directly, or is there some kind of local education organisation that we should contact?

User: granaina (view profile)2 Apr 2009 - 11:48
You need to go first to the town hall ( the Ayntamiento) and ask there which schools have spaces. Then you'll probably need to contact the schools directly.

Good luck.

User: wayNadakah123 (view profile)20 Dec 2010 - 12:38
Hi,
Good day Abi! I want to share some opinion in this community. Have you ever called the school where you were trying to enroll your children? Just ask if you can do a reservation for your kids enrollment. Thanks for sharing! Good Luck! God Bless!

Regards,
wayNadakah123
www.vueloseconomicosinternacionales.com/

User: Fran45 (view profile)4 Feb 2015 - 10:15
Hi Im thinking of moving to Costa Blanca with my children, they are 3 and 6, I am a little worried as I read that all the schools are Spanish speaking and im worried my children will struggle, has anyone else moved to Spain from England with children who font speak the language?

There are currently 94 visitors using this site.     FS Forums v1.00 © 2004 Future Shock Ltd.

Note: You must be logged in to post replies and create topics.