Spain Forum
Forums Index / Children in Spain Username Password Signup Now!
Forgotten?
Topic: moving to alicante
User: cj (view profile)1 Sep 2007 - 17:20
my family and i are selling up and planning a move to alicante. we need all the advice we can get about everything it involves , our son is will be nine years old when we take the plunge, any info on getting our pets there, areas to consider, schooling, work, renting a property. the full works!!!! thanx !!

User: ssd (view profile)13 Sep 2007 - 08:45
Consider buying privately, it will save you thousands! - see this informative blog [url]www.spanishsalesdirectbuying.blogspot.com[/url]

User: ssd (view profile)13 Sep 2007 - 08:45
Consider buying privately, it will save you thousands! - see this informative blog [url]http://www.spanishsalesdirectbuying.blogspot.com[/url]

User: Threemonkeys (view profile)3 Oct 2007 - 13:13
We took the plunge July 2006. My advice would be to take a long term rental at first, this allows you to do your homework on the area regarding property prices, work, schooling. Schools, we placed our 11 year old boy into Spanish state school daunting at first but he settled in and 5 months later he´s speaking Spanish, he is now at Spanish high school and loves it his main friends are spanish so a success there but we count ourselves lucky there because not all children settle but there are alternatives. Rental property, go for 11 month contract we are still renting but are looking to buy no rush as we are now just now settled with regular work and have now decided on the area we want to live in. Property prices vary greatly, buy private you will save thousands, by renting you will get to no the area, you will get to no of property that the owner wants a quick departure from Spain thus not wanting too hang around for the average of 2 years it takes to sell a property at the moment. Finish of with just take it easy at first it has its rewards later, Good Luck!

There are currently 71 visitors using this site.     FS Forums v1.00 © 2004 Future Shock Ltd.

Note: You must be logged in to post replies and create topics.