Spain Forum
Forums Index / Travel in Spain Username Password Signup Now!
Topic: Travel in Spain 2008
User: amoisakis (view profile)17 May 2007 - 18:24
Hello My name is Angie and my husband and I booked a Transatlantinc cruise from Barcelona to New York. We will be arriving in Madrid about 9 days prior. Where should we definitely go? definitely see? How should we travel. We are traveling with a three year old TX

User: valenciavalencia (view profile)6 Jun 2007 - 02:01
Do pop in to Valencia - it is a fantastic mutli-dimensional city that has anything for any taste. The best kept spanish holiday secret

User: admin (view profile)6 Jun 2007 - 09:32
Hi Angie

I would recommend Toledo, which is unlike any other city you'll ever see. I don't know the North of Spain very well so can't personally recommend anywhere else, but I know a lot of people who adore Barcelona: don't cut your visit short to that city!

Travel: coaches are often faster than trains in Spain, although the train is usually easier with a small child so I would suggest a bit of both. Train info is here:, and this is a good site for coach information:

User: dhwall (view profile)2 Jul 2007 - 03:37
I agree about Barcelona.  You could spend a week there and feel like there's more to see.

Or, there's the Andalucia region.  With the hi-speed trains, you can get from Madrid to Seville in a few hours.  Seville is a good place to see and head back.  Or, you can take a bus or train to Ronda and Granada, but that would take another 2 days out of your trip.  More on that here:

User: mikedee1957 (view profile)2 Jul 2007 - 15:25
Surely make sure you get chance to see Granada (the Alhambra particularly) and Seville, a beautiful city but leave a couple of days for Barcelona the best city in the world. The architecture, lifestyle, shopping, sights, and the general atmosphere is electric.
You may not want to leave!!!

There are currently 20 visitors using this site.     FS Forums v1.00 © 2004 Future Shock Ltd.

Note: You must be logged in to post replies and create topics.