Spain Forum
Forums Index / Travel in Spain Username Password Signup Now!
Forgotten?
Topic: Flights to the UK
User: Merle (view profile)15 Feb 2007 - 18:11
Why do all the major airlines, Thomson, First Choice, etc. not allow flights back to the UK from Reus in Spain.  I had the same problem last year when I needed a one way flight.  First Choice told me last year that holiday flights required a 7 or 14 day return to be booked, but this year I can´t book a 7 or 14 day return from Reus to Cardiff.  

Cardiff Airports own website gives the option to fly into and out of their airport, but again when I try to book a flight from Reus to Cardiff it says none exist, but if I try to do it from Cardiff to Reus, there is no problem.

I know I can always fly to Bristol or London Stansted/Luton with Easyjet or Ryanair, but we live 20 minutes from Reus whilst in Spain and 20 minutes from Cardiff whilst in the UK!!!

I have been waiting over a week for the promised call from Cardiff Airport.

Thomson show me their timetable for Reus to Cardiff, but again say no such flights exist.

User: granaina (view profile)16 Feb 2007 - 09:07
there is a weird law that says flights have to be paid for in the currency of the country of origin. Some airlines don't take euros and therefore can't take bookings with a Spanish origin.

At least I think that's true. It used to be worse before the euro was introduced anyway. It's annoying isn't it?

User: Merle (view profile)16 Feb 2007 - 11:17
Paying in Euros or GBP is not a problem, I have two UK bank accounts and one Spanish account, but I can´t even get that far!

Last year I managed to find one way Thomson flights but they were very expensive.

Normally we go back on the ferry for one month (it is so expensive it is not worth going for a week or two), so this problem doesn´t occur.  However, my daughter is graduating University and we need to get back for the ceremony and spend a few days in Wales. As Cardiff flies to Reus May to October we wanted to avoid flying to London and hiring a car from there.

Looks like it will have to be Ryanair again, I am flying back at end of Feb for €30 return, which is fabulous.  It will cost me more for the coach than the flight!

There are currently 40 visitors using this site.     FS Forums v1.00 © 2004 Future Shock Ltd.

Note: You must be logged in to post replies and create topics.