Spain Forum
Forums Index / All Things Spanish Username Password Signup Now!
Forgotten?
Topic: Income Tax
User: Derek (view profile)28 May 2008 - 11:50
Hi, new to this forum so please bear with me.

Seriously thinking of moving to Spain. Used to live there and greatly regret returning to the UK.

Income tax and the process has changed dramatically since I was there. Once upon a time you could 'hide' some of your income and just pay tax on what you transferred to Spain. I used to transfer a small  amount of my income bank to bank and then use the cash machines to supplement - thus avoiding a lot of tax!!

Can anybody advise if a tax allonces is availabe for existing payments on life cover policies?

I am over 65  and my total yearly pensions amount to 26,739 Euros (at 1.26 to £1) I have tried to work out what my tax committment would be from various web pages but it is very confusing. Does anybody know what my basic allownces would be?

Many thanks folks.

Derek

User: granaina (view profile)30 May 2008 - 20:25
There has been a lot of talk of a crackdown on people who avoid tax by remaining between eu states. I don't know how true that is.

basic allowances vary year to year and autonomous community to autonomous community, plus tax is staggered more than it is in the UK. have you tried calling a gestor / the hacienda near where you will live?

User: Derek (view profile)31 May 2008 - 09:47
Thanks 'Granaina', could not help noticing that you have been very helpful on a number of occasions. Try setting up a help bureau !!

Have looked at various webs and it is confusing at the moment.  We are going to be in contact with a Gestor that my Wife used when she  was over there - I have lost the names of the ones I used previously.

Also going over there in August and will try to see the Gestor and if I find out anything useful and it does not tend to vary then I iwll post in on this forum.

Thanks

There are currently 68 visitors using this site.     FS Forums v1.00 © 2004 Future Shock Ltd.

Note: You must be logged in to post replies and create topics.