Spain Forum
Forums Index / Expats in Spain Username Password Signup Now!
Forgotten?
Topic: How do we get Inernet in Spain
User: Cristina (view profile)30 Mar 2008 - 09:54
HI everyone, I am Cristina, I am moving to Spain wiht my husband from England.

We need internet for our business, does anyone know how we go about getting good Broadband or ADSL in a rural place in Spain?

Thanks

User: ClairenCarlos (view profile)14 Apr 2008 - 18:58
Do you have a mobile telephone?  Check the best signal and buy the usb modem but check if you get charged extra for UK use.  We have the Movistar usb and my husband took it to the UK on a business trip and we were landed with a 400 e bill.  58 e per month without limits is for use in Spain only unlike some UK usb connections.  I believe some sat networks also offer it with tv, pick up your local english publication and check out what is on offer near you.

Regards and good luck

User: Clareba (view profile)24 Apr 2008 - 21:38
Hi Cristine
We live in a rural mountainous area of the Granada region. We get perfect ADSL internet and telephone connection for 40 euros per month with Iberbanda. They have local transmitters in rural areas (obviously not all!) Their website is in spanish & English and can be found at www.iberbanda.es
We use the internet to run our business, and the speeds are really good. Good luck.

User: granaina (view profile)25 Apr 2008 - 09:25
do you mean you are moving to a rural village, or to a house in the middle of nowhere? If a village, you may well be able to get normal adsl from Telefonica or another provider for the normal price (about 30 euros a month).

User: John Smith (view profile)16 Oct 2008 - 17:56
Hi guys,
Looks like you need some help with your internet. I had this problem a while ago too, but I found a simple, easy solution. It is free of charge and gives you a fast internet connection, which I found to be very convenient. I installed it quickly and easily using my modem. The best part is, there are no fees or extra charges. They also provide support in English and Spanish, which is great as we live in Spain. Check it out, the link is www.gonuts4free.com
Enjoy!

User: bettycat (view profile)22 May 2012 - 09:52
I have heard of a relatively new company for Spain, but which has a good reputation in Italy for supplying really fast and reliable satellite internet, guaranteed to work anywhere! Friends of mine there rave about it in their rural area. The company is English-speaking and as a bonus for some who miss their UK tv, give you a UK IP address as  standard. I think they have different prices depending on how much you want to use, but with a minimum of 4gb per month for 20Euros.
They can be found at www.espana-wifi.com

There are currently 65 visitors using this site.     FS Forums v1.00 © 2004 Future Shock Ltd.

Note: You must be logged in to post replies and create topics.