Spain Forum
Forums Index / Moving to Spain - practicalities Username Password Signup Now!
Topic: Erasmus year abroad in Valencia
User: Anthea (view profile)23 Feb 2012 - 20:14

I'll be going on an Erasmus year to Valencia in September and I'm getting really excited.

The major challenge I'm facing is finding good riding stables close to Valencia. I have my horse in Ireland currently because I study there. I do show jumping with my horse and we're relatively advanced. I would love to find really good stables with lovely staff and where I can be sure that my horse will be well looked after. I need full livery as I will not have the time to feed him and mock the stables out myself. If I could get lessons as well that would make it perfect.

Does anyone have experience with something like this? How do they cope with the heat? Is there anything to consider beforehand? Feed? Farrier? Vet? Certain regulations or general rules on a livery yard?

My horse is very well travelled. We're both from Germany and he has travelled with me back and forth to England and Ireland many times over. He's very quiet and settles down within a maximum of 2 hours usually.

I'm sorry to have sooo many questions but this is something I would rather know about and organise sooner than later.

Thanks in advance, Anthea

There are currently 48 visitors using this site.     FS Forums v1.00 © 2004 Future Shock Ltd.

Note: You must be logged in to post replies and create topics.