Spain Forum
Forums Index / Moving to Spain - practicalities Username Password Signup Now!
Topic: Car Registration
User: Abi Jones (view profile)3 Jun 2009 - 22:58

I am moving to Spain and intend to drive there.

If anyone has any info about registering my car, it would be much appreciated.

eg. Do I need to keep my british car tax on until its been registered?
How much time do I have?
How do I do it?  etc
Thanks for reading.


User: granaina (view profile)5 Jun 2009 - 10:00
There's a good article about it here

NB I think you have to be registered on the padron anywhere, not just in Orihuela Costa.

Re British car tax: you are supposed to keep it up yes, as your insurance will be invalid without it

User: Homerobond (view profile)9 Nov 2010 - 16:49
You will need to apply for the "ficha técnica" in Spain, thereafter pass the ITV (MOT), thereafter pay the relevant taxes (ITVM and impuesto de transmisiones) and apply for registration of the vehicle in the Jefatura de Tráfico wherever you are located in Spain.

User: Homerobond (view profile)9 Nov 2010 - 16:58
<a href="">
Registering a car in Spain</a>

Search Forums       Most Recent Topics       Your Favourite Topics
There are currently 16 visitors using this site.     FS Forums v1.00 © 2004 Future Shock Ltd.

Note: You must be logged in to post replies and create topics.