Spain Forum
Forums Index / Moving to Spain - practicalities Username Password Signup Now!
Forgotten?
Topic: living and working in spain
User: flower (view profile)5 Jan 2009 - 23:22
i am an artist who lived on ibiza in the 70s and survived financially, by doing quick portrait sketches around the bars and cafes. i have a british and australian passports and am thinking to return to spend some time in spain. i am interested to find out the costs of accommodation and food these days and also wondering about the viability of once again living off the portrait sketching.

User: granaina (view profile)7 Jan 2009 - 12:28
have you looked at any rental websites? they don't tend to advertise bedsits (if that's what you're after), but you can guess at the price of them from the price of studio flats. rental values vary quite a lot accross spain.

food is a bit cheaper than in the UK for the most part, especially wine and eating out.

You probably can survive on portraits still: I don't know about Ibiza, but the costa del sol is not awash with portrait artists (although then again, maybe there's a reason for that?) My only reservation would be that they say tourism is going to be down this year because of the euro / pound exchange rate. give it a go, but make sure you bring some savings with you just in case!

User: defrank (view profile)8 Feb 2009 - 18:32
I don´t think it´s changed that much since the last time you were here, things have changed in some way, say €40 accomodation, bit more commercial, but still you´ll definetly find your ways

There are currently 53 visitors using this site.     FS Forums v1.00 © 2004 Future Shock Ltd.

Note: You must be logged in to post replies and create topics.